Building & Zoning
It is our overall mission to improve the safety, quality of life and environment for the present and future generations.
It is our goal:
- To promote the health, safety, and general welfare of our community
- To lesson congestion in streets
- To secure safety from fire and other dangers
- To provide adequate light and air
- To promote the distribution of population, land classification, and land development
- To support provisions for adequate transportation, water flow, water supply, drainage, and sanitation
- To protect property against blight and depreciation
We will accomplish our goal by assisting our residents and customers in a friendly and comprehensive way of understanding and complying with the ordinances adopted by the Gretna City Council.
To schedule an inspection, please call 402-332-3336, ext. 1209. We do not recommend leaving a message for setting up an inspection. If you leave a message for an inspection, do not assume it is set up unless we confirm with you.
The following applications are available to print:
- Building Permit Application
- Dumpster in Right-of-Way Permit Application
- Electrical Permit Application
- Residential Building Permit Application
- Sign Permit Application
- Commercial Building Permit Application
These permit applications must be submitted in person to the Building and Zoning Department. If you have any questions, please call 402-332-3336 ext. 1209 or Aaron at ext. 1213. If you need any other permit applications, you will need to stop by City Hall to pick up .